By Steve Webb
Steve is the Senior Consultant, HSEQ at Compliance Council
I am the kind of guy who fills his life full of activity. From jet skiing, sailing, tennis, hiking and bushwalking, driving, diving, motorsports racing, photography, horse riding, surfing, travel and landscaping. I am a big kid in an older man's body and enjoy what life has to bring. I make the most of opportunities that are presented and like to surround myself with good friends and family. Life lessons I have learnt are:
- The future of your life and that of your loved ones is fully dependent on the value of safety and the precautions that are taken to prevent accidents from happening.
- Don't ever trust anybody else to ensure your safety. This includes being told to complete work tasks without risk assessments.
- Make sure you have the right tools for the job.
- Life is too short to sweat the small stuff, just about everything is small stuff.
- To love something is nothing, to love somebody is something, to be loved by somebody is everything.
- The world owes you nothing, you have to work for everything that you want to achieve true happiness..
- Achieving your goals is easy when you have a plan.
- Treat people the way that you would like to be treated.
- Honesty is the best policy - Integrity is everything.
I am an active participant in life. I enjoy the challenges and learning opportunities that life provides. Working with people and organisations to achieve greater outcomes is a strong passion of mine.